senior node.js developer for a consumer electronics company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Node.js Developer with 3+ years of software development experience, and WebRTC proficiency to join our team.
The customer is an American company that designs and sells televisions and soundbars.
The project is focused on the development of the video streaming platform and application ecosystem for new TVs. The person will lead the overall system design and technology strategy for CR-series WebRTC subsystem, 10-foot TV-based applications, and associated mobile app modules.
- Evaluating system architecture options
- Design of a framework for defining various performance metrics and measuring that performance on embedded hardware
- Development of an architecture or architectures suitable for prototype development, Beta test, and production supporting 1000’s of simultaneous calls or more across millions of supported devices
- Coordination across development teams to identify technical risks, address implementation gaps, ensure timely delivery, and optimize performance
- Regular communication with project management and engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Significant experience leading the design and implementation of complex software systems that have been deployed at scale
- Deep proficiency with WebRTC and telephony/VoIP concepts
- Experience working with multiple WebRTC opensource platforms (i.e., Jitsi, Janus, Kurento, MediaSoup, etc.) and/or CPaaS services (i.e., Vonage/Tokbox, Twilio, Agora, etc.)
- Experience using WebRTC and other real time communications in browsers, mobile apps, and embedded devices
- Experience with real time communications test and monitoring procedures
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices for RTC deployment
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
nice to have
- AWS, WebRTC, NodeJS, PWA, Vue.js 2.6