We are currently looking for a remote Senior Node.js Software Engineer with 3+years of experience in building applications in Node.js, good troubleshooting skills with API development, solid understanding of serverless applications to join our team.
The client is the biggest American publishing and financial information firm that works on an in-house API management solution and plans to build a monitoring tool for tracing routes and user information that has been passed through NGINX.
The main pool of tasks is associated with building an application that will provide a possibility to explore and manage data collected in DynamoDB as well as manage permissions, users with different roles, OKTA integrations, and other features.
- 3+ years of experience in building applications in Node.js
- Understanding of serverless applications
- Good troubleshooting skills, especially with API development
- Experience in implementing RESTful APIs following JSON API standards
- Experience writing unit tests using Mocha, Karma.js and testing with Phantom browser or similar tools
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Experience in working with HTTP protocols and understanding of how cookies and session management work
- Understanding of OAuth and REST API integration with frontend applications
- Good spoken and written English
- Good communication skills
nice to have
- Experience working with Docker or other Container technologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and programming skills
- Ability to identify and isolate problem areas in the end-to-end flow of web application, investigate causes and come up with solution
- Knowledge of Cucumber