senior python developer for a healthcare company
Currently, we are hiring an energetic, motivated, and passionate remote Senior Python/Ruby Developer with 3+ years of development experience to lead a team of developers, control code quality, help to estimate and split stories, make decisions regarding architecture and development strategies, manage tech debt.
The customer is a biotechnology company, which engages in the discovery, invention, development, manufacture, and commercialization of medicines. They have several projects and all of them are about saving lives through genetic modifications. Antibodies for COVID, cancer, asthma and other diseases are their targets.
As a member of the Development team, you will fix and improve flask application's functionality, ETL pipelines (implemented using JS), CI/CD pipelines (we have DevOps specialist who can help), optionally work with ruby codebase. The Project’s main goal is to develop services to increase speed of clinical cycle by implementing fast search, good indexing, stable and rapid workflows, strong managing of big data lake and clear logic. All those factors affect time for scientific investigations. Upcoming project milestones to migrate all data from Bioregistry (MongoDB) application to Benchling.
- Fix data mismatch issues between test and production environment
- Enhance existing Advanced Search
- Implement Search functionality of getting data from Benchling collections rather than from existing MongoDB
- Support team Migration to Benchling
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong Python skills practicing SOLID, Design Patterns
- Understanding of microservices architecture and AWS cloud
- Experience in Fusion + Solr or any other big data tools
- Basic knowledge of JS (used for ETL pipelines)
- Knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB
- Jenkins (or another CI/CD)
- Basic knowledge of Docker
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Result oriented
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
nice to have
- Knowledge of Ruby
- EPAM tools - Atlassian (Jira/Confluence), Jenkins, GitHub, Sonar, ReportPortal, MS Teams and Slack
- Currently you will work using amazon workspaces, in the future probably this solution will be replaced by VPNs