senior python developer for an American dental company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Python Developer with 2+ years of backend, or frontend extensive experience working on high-traffic systems to join our team.
Our customer is a fast-growing American medical group practice that specializes in cosmetic dentistry.
The project focus is modernizing the dental experience to allow members to book visits to the New York dental offices online via the website, manage their upcoming visits & treatment with an online account, and be able to meet with their dentist entirely online, via Zoom-based "virtual visits". Among other upcoming projects - producing an e-commerce setup, adding treatment plan timelines & information down to each specific tooth, and producing a mobile app.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work across teams and use cutting-edge tech to solve interesting, large-scale problems. Creating at a rapid pace you’ll make a direct and lasting impact anywhere that technology powers the customer's business.
- Establish design and architecture best practices for mobile and web applications
- Build and launch successful and enriching products to positively influence the patient journey & experience through the platforms
- Deliver on the product-driven goals for both internal and external teams, ensuring the core engineering values remain a priority
- Advocate for the inclusion of modern technologies and trends when it makes sense
- Work collaboratively across the SDLC within an agile environment
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff
- Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 2+ years of full stack, backend, or frontend extensive experience working on high-traffic systems
- Experience in Python development
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Django (we will consider experienced Python Developers who don't specialize in Django if strong in other areas, however)
- API development experience
- SaaS integration development experience
- Microservice architecture & development experience
- Background working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems
- Experience working with one or more of the following: React.js, Next.js, PostgreSQL, AWS lambda, Serverless
- Experience in Cloud-based environments like AWS, experience working with APIs / in an API-driven environment
- Use of automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Experience with testing systems and concepts like test-driven development
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Frontend: Next.js & TypeScript, hosted in Vercel
- Backend: core API written in Django, served as an AWS Lambda function, with a suite of Serverless Framework-based microservices written in Node.js