senior ruby on rails developer for a genetic corporation
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails, hands-on experience with SOLID, Design Patterns, with a good understanding of microservices architecture and AWS cloud to join our team.
The customer is a genetic corporation. They have several projects and all of them are about saving lives through genetic modifications. Antibodies for COVID, cancer, asthma and other diseases are their targets.
The main goal is to develop services to increase the speed of the clinical cycle by implementing fast search, good indexing, stable and rapid workflows, strong managing of the big data lake, and clear logic. All those factors affect the time for scientific investigations.
- Develop new features to further the research area
- Working with the client's team, facilitate feedback sessions with users and translate this feedback into strong, testable user stories
- Clarify Use Cases and review weekly promoting a consistent conversation with the product team that not only strengthens understanding of the business need, but result in more informed estimation and prioritization
- The developers and the product team will be engaged throughout the project. Collaboration will be encouraged and strengthened to the end of conveying and meeting the business needs
- Maintain the story backlog in Jira prioritizing stories with product owner and client's team
- Provide development support for story completion
- Develop tests around story and feature completion
- Support the health of the production application through technical/architectural improvements
- 3+ years of professional experience in Ruby on Rails and the stack of associated technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Jenkins, SonarQube, PostgreSQL, Docker, Python)
- Familiarity with R, SPSS, Prism, Matlab, or similar statistical analysis packages
- Experience with relational database design, SQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
- Good spoken and written English