senior ruby on rails engineer for a biotechnology company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with 3+ years of professional development experience and SQL knowledge to join our team.
The customer is a biotechnology company, which engages in the discovery, invention, development, manufacture, and commercialization of medicines.
The main pool of tasks is associated with the development of new and existing custom-built application systems.
- Develop new features to further the research area
- Working with the Regeneron SBA, facilitate feedback sessions with users and translate that feedback into strong, testable user stories
- Clarify Use Cases and review weekly promoting a consistent conversation with the product team that not only strengthens understanding of the business need, but result in more informed estimation and prioritization
- The developers and the product team will be engaged throughout the project, collaboration will be encouraged and strengthened to the end of conveying and meeting the business needs
- Maintain the story backlog in Jira prioritizing stories with product owner and Regeneron SBA
- For requirements to fully meet its Definition of Ready DoR, the level of effort to complete the work must be estimated, all members of the team will work together to identify the level of effort and establish estimates
- Provide development support for story completion
- Develop tests around story and feature completion
- Support the health of the production application through technical/architectural improvements
- 3+ years of professional experience in Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with R, SPSS, Prism, MATLAB, or similar statistical analysis packages
- Experience with relational database design, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Redis and Sidekiq
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Jenkins, OpenShift, SonarQube, Docker, Python
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.