senior ruby on rails engineer for an insurance company
We're currently inviting a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with 3+ years of web application development experience to join our team.
The customer is a leading online insurance shopping company providing a simplified online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online. The service is powered by a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. The mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent.
The main pool of tasks is associated with new insurance product development and improving customer experience.
- End to end ownership of self-service online checkout and agent-assistance sales tools
- Building new features to simplify the sales process
- A/B testing of new features to quantitatively decide if they improve the customer experience
- Analyzing sales call audio in real-time to give real-time feedback to the sales agents and guide their conversations
- Building a new common platform for the insurance industry to support onboarding hundreds of insurance carriers worldwide
- Designing a new life insurance product from the ground up
- 3+ years of web application software development industry work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Proficient knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Strong object-oriented coding skills
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Redis and Sidekiq
- Passion for writing high quality, clean, well-tested code
- Ability to work well with a team
- Track record of meeting software development deadlines
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
nice to have
- PostgreSQL experience