senior ruby software engineer for a leading insurance company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Software Engineer with 3+ years of web application software development industry work experience and Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres experience to join our team.
The customer is a leading online insurance shopping company providing a simplified online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online. The service is powered by a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. The mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent.
You will have end to end ownership of our life insurance experience for our customer self-service online checkout and our agent-assistance sales tools. These web experiences are served by a common Ruby on Rails web application and a client-side React application that serve hundreds of thousands of shoppers every day. Insurance is a complicated product to sell, and we are constantly building new features to simplify the sales process and A/B testing them to quantitatively decide if they improve the customer experience.
- Analyzing sales call audio in real-time to give real-time feedback to our sales agents and guide their conversations
- Building a new common platform for the insurance industry to support onboarding hundreds of insurance carriers worldwide
- Designing a new life insurance product from the ground up allowing customers to buy $1M coverage in under 60 seconds
- 3+ years of web application software development industry work experience
- Strong object-oriented coding skills
- Passion for writing high quality, clean, well-tested code
- Ability to work well with a team
- Track record of meeting software development deadlines
- BS in Computer Science
- Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres experience
- AWS familiarity
- Proficiency in designing software services
- Experience in building and maintaining software services that serve 100+ transactions per second
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2