lead php developer for a software company
Currently, we are hiring a remote Lead PHP Developer with 5+ years of experience in Backend development, and a vision and broad knowledge of modern approaches to the development of distributed and high-load applications to join our team.
The customer is a global software company with HQ in Boston and over 200 people working together worldwide to develop the inspiring product. The company helps other companies build real, human relationships with prospects, clients, partners, and employees through personalized gifts. They make gift-giving simple, personal, and measurable. The gift recipients have the power of choice to accept their gift, exchange for another, or donate the value of their gift to charity.
You will work in an environment where you can constantly learn, master your craft, and be a part of an amazing international team of strong professionals.
Approximately 30% of our sprint is occupied by technical tasks (refactoring, tests, tools, etc.).
- Discuss requirements with the business
- Propose solutions, critically evaluate them, and find the best solution for any problem
- Constantly improve architecture and bring best practices into the project
- Take part in scrum meetings; constantly interact with Product manager, Frontend developers
- 5+ years of experience in Backend development
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Strong PHP skills, especially PHP 7.4+
- Experience with Laravel / Symfony
- Knowledge of Golang, Python
- Know how to develop and maintain architectural solutions
- Know how to design tests, choose the right testing level for a task
- You know how to understand unclear requirements; you can turn the problem into a task
- You distinguish bad code from good and anticipate problems in the code
- You can bring your thoughts to business
- You know the infrastructure around the code
- Know good and bad API building practices
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Backend: PHP 7.4+, Laravel / Symfony, Golang, Python + Unit tests
- Infrastructure: GitLab CI / CD, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Redis, Docker, Microservices
- Frontend: React, Redux, styled, RxJS, Webpack, and some Vue