middle software maintenance engineer (2nd line) for e-commerce company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Middle Software Maintenance Engineer (2nd Line) with 2+ years of experience with PHP and its frameworks to join our team.
Our customer is an American e-commerce company that sells furniture and home goods. Their digital platform offers 14 million items from more than 11,000 global suppliers.
Supplier Facing applications represent a significant part of mission-critical functionality that underpins overall business and Go To Market.
Over time the customer has developed a massive scale of functionality built on PHP and MS SQL Server that drives many of the mission-critical applications. The largest share of that tech stack belongs to the Supplier Facing portfolio of applications.
The company is on the path of transforming the PHP/MSSQL-based application portfolio into a microservices-driven, decoupled architecture based on GCP, Java, React JS, and No SQL DB across the board. The targeted cloud platform is put together by the central infrastructure team while application portfolio teams are responsible for actual application migrations.
Supplier Catalog SKU Addition Tool is a mission-critical application that is in the process of being migrated to the new tech stack and GCP.
- Being a part of the development team with a focus on performance improvements
- Working closely "embedded" in a client engineering team on a daily basis
- Driving technical specification and the component design
- Being a "glue" for the team and other internal\technical teams in terms of providing support and help with any app related issues
- 2+ years of experience with PHP and its frameworks
- Expertise in generic computing science including OOP modeling (UML, SOLID, etc.), algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Good experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Deep knowledge in clean coding and refactoring
- Good knowledge of unit testing approach & frameworks
- Experience with build tools, and development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Subversion, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus
- Proficiency with relational database concepts and interaction (SQL, RDBMS)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- English level B2+
nice to have
- Experience in .NET