senior automation tester in java for travel company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Automation Tester in Java to join our team.
EPAM has been selected as a Leading Italian tour operator, with 70+ years of history and 2b€/year turnover (pre-covid) to drive a large legacy modernization program to replace its core enterprise platform (CORE TO), running on z/OS mainframe, with modern, microservices-based architecture in the cloud (AWS).
This project is the beginning of the modernization program and includes discovery, assessment, design, and planning for the actual replacement effort.
- Lead the testing team (to be formed 2022 Sept approx) - conduct interviews, etc.
- Work with Platform Modernization and Cloud architects to establish a CI/CD
- Accept customer’s COBOL source code and testing requirements
- Automate baseline testing on existing COBOL
- Automate validation of the Java code has functional parity with the COBOL code
- Enhance the testing framework to automate both legacy and cloud code
- Build up, and perform regression testing.
- Understand and capture the customer (super user) use case scenarios for current legacy system and automate them both for COBOL and JAVA
- Execute manual testing, while automated testing is not yet established
- Lead the testing team (to be formed late 2022) - conduct interviews, etc.
- 3+ years of Automated Testing experience
- Experience in legacy modernization projects
- Experience in travel & hospitality domain
- Python and/or Java programming experience
- Knowledge of Italian spoken language
- Hands-on knowledge of Cloud.AWS data solutions
- Hands-on knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Hands-on knowledge of z/OS.CICS.3270
- Selenium API interface for automation
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.