Knowledge of promising programming languages opens many doors for a specialist in the world of professional self-realization. Sometimes among programmers, you can hear discussions on the topic of whether PHP certifications are needed or if trained skills and the deep knowledge behind them are enough. Of course, knowledge and skills are primary. But this does not mean that the certificate is a useless piece of paper. Let us consider in more detail what a certificate means.
Benefits of PHP Certification
Among the advantages of this solution are:
- Opportunity to confirm your qualifications with new clients. It often happens that a specialist begins their journey, and their portfolio of completed projects is not so convincing that the customer entrusts the work. In the case of having a PHP certificate, there is a document that largely solves this problem.
- Good prospects for working in IT teams. When employed in a reputable IT company, a professional is often required to provide documents confirming their level. Sometimes programmers say, "My skills are enough." But a certification provides better proof. This directly affects the salary and communication — either colleagues communicate with you as with a junior until you confirm the opposite, or they appreciate the fact that an experienced developer has joined the team.
- Prospects for additional funding for development. You have probably heard about grants from international organizations, including those for supporting promising IT start-ups. How could you prove to donors that you are capable of coping with the task? How could you confirm that professionalism is behind the concept of the project, and not an adventurous desire to get money for an undertaking with a vague future? Your qualifications can be confirmed by a certificate stating that you’ve mastered the PHP programming language.
How and where does PHP certification take place?
One good option is the Zend certification, which is recognized worldwide. It is intended for professionals with an average level of knowledge. Here you can take a certified course, which provides three levels. It is excellent preparation for the exam. However, you do not need to take a course to pass the exam; you can prepare yourself if you wish. Further, certification is paid, and you can get admission to the exam. If you cannot pass it the first time, the second time it will be cheaper.
Certification from W3Schools is a good solution for entry-level professionals. In addition, the platform offers various textbooks and tests with which you can prepare for the exam.
Also popular is the certification course from Udemy. Its important advantage is the availability of different levels and the ability to learn at a pace that is comfortable for you. The certificate that a student receives upon completion of the course is universally recognized and opens up good job prospects.
The certification course from LinkedIn is a godsend for those who decide to learn the PHP programming language from scratch. Students are offered a large amount of content, where educational material is explained in an accessible form. In particular, there are many informative thematic videos.
Advantages of PHP
PHP is a programming language that has many advantages. For example, it:
- Contributes to the excellent speed of the resources
- Is easy to learn and has a simple syntax
- Is characterized by excellent compatibility and portability since PHP codes can be transferred to different platforms
Thus, mastering the PHP language and obtaining a certification are excellent solutions.