Senior Node JS Developer Job Description Template
First of all, these are the qualification requirements that a senior Node JS developer must meet. The second list is job responsibilities. We will present to your attention a universal list, and you can adapt it to your needs. Another important aspect is the soft skills that such a professional should possess. Today, for effective work, not only direct tech skills within their specialization are important, but also emotional intelligence, empathy, and communication skills — everything that enables a specialist to work better in a team. Let's take a closer look at everything that was described above.
Responsibilities of Senior Node JS Developers
In order to effectively perform their work, a specialist must work effectively in the following areas:
- Understand job requirements by interacting with business analysts
- Collaborate with testers as well as DevOps engineers
- Understand and implement the approach that is needed to develop the user interface, as well as those parameters that will be used in the project
- Work on the creation of technical specifications that are needed for new web applications
- Coding these applications
- Support for both new and existing applications
- Work to eliminate defects
- Improvement of released applications
Requirements of Senior Node JS Developers
In this case, we are talking about such requirements as:
- Good knowledge of Node.js
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, HTML5, CSS and CSS3
- Understanding of TypeScript
- JSON knowledge
In addition, it is important that a specialist can work well enough with frameworks and has experience both in frontend development and test automation.
These are just the basic features for drawing up requirements for all such experts applying for a position. In fact, there can be many more such requirements, based on the characteristics of the particular job description within which the specialist will work.
Roles and responsibilities of Senior Node JS Developers
In order for senior Node JS developers to fulfill their duties, they need to communicate effectively with the development team. It is the performance of the leadership function that is the characteristic distinguishing this specialist from other team members. In this context, the professional must:
- Mentor and motivate junior professionals
- Control their work, prompt, and monitor compliance with deadlines (this applies to both general deadlines for projects and the timing of intermediate tasks)
- To control how the work performed corresponds to the technical requirements and the initial agreements with the team, which are defined at the beginning of the project.
This understanding of responsibilities contributes to their quality performance.
Senior Node JS Developer Skills
In addition to the direct tech skills associated with the senior Node JS developer job description, you need soft skills that help you better navigate your career and interact with other employees. These skills include:
- Time management
- The ability to see the situation from different angles
- The ability to motivate other professionals and resolve conflicts