A web analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data on user interaction with the platform and on the overall operation of the platform itself. This professional evaluates the conformity of all products to the customer’s performance standards and specifications. In addition, they must evaluate whether the product meets all new trends, which is important for introducing updates in the future.
We suggest that you take a closer look at the web analyst job description template and find out what responsibilities and requirements are related to this specialty, as it will be useful for creating a resume or job vacancy
Web Analyst Job Description Template
A web analyst is an integral part of the marketing department and is responsible for monitoring and adjusting various website metrics. They study the site, evaluate its design, collect data on user interaction with the site, and offer various solutions for optimization.
The work of this professional makes the site as useful, convenient, understandable, and interesting for the user as possible.
Web Analyst Responsibilities
The main task of a specialist is to increase website views and improve user interaction with it. To do this, they need to perform the following responsibilities:
- Search for and correct errors related to the design of the site.
- Assess web product adaptation to different browsers and devices.
- Search for parts that require updating and/or refinement.
- Provide data to increase the duration of the session on individual pages.
- Study all data related to the site.
- Optimize user interface.
- Improve the quality of transmission and facilitate the perception of content.
- Increase the number of page views.
- Increase page loading speed.
- Increase time spent on the site.
- Prepare reports on the work of the site.
- Manage records.
- Provide recommendations for product improvements.
Working as a web analyst, you constantly need to interact with the development and marketing teams. After receiving the data and analyzing it, this specialist must provide a report on the work, on the basis of which specialists from other departments will be able to finalize the site. It’s important that it is written in understandable language.
Web Analyst Requirements
The job description for a web analytics specialist includes various technical and marketing requirements. This makes him very different from other analytics professionals. The main web analyst requirements include:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Understanding of the entire path of the client through the site
- Coding skills
- Bachelor's or master's degree in marketing, computer science, or a similar field
- In-depth knowledge of analysis tools
- Deep knowledge in the organization of the site
- Possession of optimization and all the tools necessary for this
- Knowledge of different web design languages
- Knowledge of the standard rules of various online search platforms
- Ability to work with different databases
This specialist needs to constantly study new trends in the world of digital marketing. This is a necessity, without which a web analyst runs the risk of losing their qualifications and being unable to keep the site up to date.
Roles and Responsibilities of Web Analyst
The main specialist path in companies consists of the following web analyst roles and responsibilities:
- Improving the performance of the web product
- Product optimization
- Increasing the duration of the session
- Optimization of the process of interaction between the client and the product
- In-depth analysis of the work of the website with the preparation of a further report and recommendations
In addition, according to the job description, a web analyst calculates the possible costs of the project, selects the technologies that are best suited for a particular product, and determines how you can save the budget.
Web Analyst Soft Skills
In order for a candidate to meet all the expectations of the employer, they need to have certain personal qualities, including:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Perseverance and purposefulness
- Desire to improve their knowledge
- Ability to communicate directly with the customer
This is everything you need to know about the position of web analyst to find a job or create a vacancy.