Following the name of the specialty, a big data developer is engaged in the development of big data solutions, which are needed in almost any company.
Let's take a look at the big data developer job description in a little more detail with all its responsibilities, requirements and soft skills. We have included all the information in a ready-made template, which you can use to look for a specialist or create a resume.
Big Data Developer Job Description Template
A big data developer develops great infrastructure for effectively interacting with a large stream of data. This professional is also responsible for the collection and storage of information, followed by the process of development and analysis. Companies require this specialist to implement multi-level products that meet all business needs and are constantly updated.
Big Data Developer Responsibilities
The main big data developer responsibilities include:
- Finding the most suitable technology solutions for big data
- Developing products for big data
- Making reports
- Maintaining documentation of potential performance improvements
- Creating and managing products that process a large amount of data at once
- Ensuring storage efficiency and long service life
- Correcting errors
- Making adjustments to the project
- Supporting data security
- Testing at different stages of product development
If you're looking for a senior big data developer position, be prepared to take on a leadership role as well. You will have to manage employees, delegate tasks, and control the quality of the work.
Big Data Developer Requirements
You, as a specialist, may encounter the following big data developer requirements:
- Strong coding skills
- Excellent knowledge of at least one programming language
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to work with automation tools
- Ability to work with replication of heterogeneous data
- Skills in setting up and adapting the database to various environments
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer technology
- Knowledge of tools for data visualization
- Ability to work with different frameworks
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of different architectures and data infrastructures
- Ability to work with analytical programs of various types
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Understanding of the basics of machine learning
Those specialists who plan to work online should be prepared for additions to the requirements in the job description. So, they are expected to be able to properly use their personal time and manage their work optimally. This is very important because it is impossible to achieve thorough control in remote collaboration, but it is important that there is enough time to complete all tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Developer
Daily, big data developer roles and responsibilities when participating in a project look like this:
- Study of project requirements
- Searching for the best strategy for the implementation of the product
- Search for suitable standards that will satisfy the needs of the customer
- Big data storage implementation
- Tuning the performance, automation, safety, and efficiency of the final product
- Implementation of updates and expansion of functionality
But often a big data developer performs several tasks at once. This requires the specialist to be more attentive and stress-resistant. It is often stated in the job description that the specialist must multitask and be able to prioritize.
Big Data Developer Soft Skills
In addition to technical big data developer skills, candidates must have certain personal qualities, including:
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to climb the career ladder
- Craving for new knowledge
- Ability to conduct a business conversation
- Positive attitude to edits
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
We reviewed the classic job description of a big data developer, but it can vary depending on the company. If you want to use a template for a job search, be sure to adjust it to match the listed requirements.