Today, writing a thank you email after the second interview has become the norm and a staple of remote interview tips. One of the advantages of sending a personalized thank you note after the second interview is that it gives you a competitive edge over other job applicants.
On the surface, sending a second interview thank you email may seem like a chore, but it makes a positive impression. It also gives potential candidates another chance to showcase why they’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Why write a follow-up email after the second interview?
Candidates often wonder whether or not they should send a 2nd interview thank you letter. Most applicants see it as a follow-up email. The fact of the matter is that the thank you for the second interview email shows your appreciation for getting a chance to highlight your strengths and what you can bring to the job.
At EPAM Anywhere, the second meet-up serves as a technical interview with tech experts at the helm. Once you successfully get through this second interview, chances are high that you’ll land the job offer interview.
Sending an email after the second interview is the standard follow-up protocol. You could instead mail a thank you note, but email is the best option. This method emphasizes your interest in and enthusiasm for the job, while also allowing you to show why you’re the perfect fit for the role based on your skills and work experience.
If you want to stand out from other potential candidates, sending a simple and professional thank you email is the way to go. Remember, big things have small beginnings, and sending a thank you email after the second interview is your way of showing that you appreciate the opportunity. It demonstrates your willingness and openness to the job and that you’re ready to go above and beyond for it.
How to write your second interview thank you email
- The tone of your thank you email after the second interview should be professional and polite.
- Consistently highlight your appreciation for the opportunity and how much you valued the support of the interviewer.
- Before sending a thank you note after the second interview, ensure it has no double-meaning sentences and contains no grammar mistakes.
- Make sure to personalize the message. If your thank you email sounds authentic, it’s bound to create a good impression.
- Be prompt and send your thank you email within 24 hours.
- Add elements in the thank you email that express your deep appreciation.
- Highlight your interest in the job and show confidence in fulfilling the job responsibilities.
- Keep it short. Ideally, your thank you email after the second interview should be persuasive and brief, highlighting your skills and experience.
- When sending a thank you email to the hiring manager, showcase your full understanding of the position and how you can be part of the company’s culture.
- Last but not least, add a short sentence thanking the recruiter or interviewer for their time and consideration.
Samples of a thank you email after the second interview
Here are two standard thank you email samples that can help you draft yours after the second interview:
Hi [Interviewer’s Name],
I had a great time talking with you during my second interview. Since my first interview, I’ve had a positive and open mind about this job. I have a vested interest in your company and would love to be part of it. After the second interview discussion, I would like to demonstrate my enthusiasm for [the position]. I believe I have the experience and the right set of skills to fit perfectly into your organization and bring more value to the job.
Again, I’d like to thank the recruiter for their time.
I’m looking forward to having a formal meeting.
Dear [Interviewer’s Name],
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to interview me. I appreciate the company’s continuous interest in my resume.
Like the last time we spoke, I would like to show my appreciation for your company.
I look forward to hearing from you again so we can discuss more details.
If you’ve ever been on the hunt for a job before, you likely understand that sending an email after the second interview signifies professionalism. In today’s competitive job marketplace, a thank you note and a second interview go hand in hand.
After all, this allows applicants to persuade potential employers and HR professionals of their level of commitment and interest in the job. Since stakes and expectations are high for job applicants, it makes perfect sense to send a thank you email after the second interview.
Find your perfect job in tech with EPAM Anywhere
With EPAM Anywhere, job applicants can look for the most compatible full-time remote tech jobs and steer their careers in a new and exciting direction. Get started with us today, explore job opportunities, and apply.